Sunday 12 May 2019

God’s Day Off

O’ Lord, I declare today

an off day for you,

I make you free to do nothing.

We never ask you -

what you want or what you need,

rather  offer you the things,

that please us,

what we think is right.

 

Day and night you are on duty

but on special days double it is,

O' Lord when do you find time for self,

who stands by you in your need,

Who is your help?

Never heard your laughter

Is it sweet or piercing?

People say you are omnipresent

How do you make it possible?

 

Don’t you feel lovelorn?

Don't say -like we people -

'I have no time',

Today I make you free God

go with your love for a holiday

to another galaxy and come back

refreshed to shower your sweetness

on all lovelorn people like me.

 



Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New