Sunday 3 February 2019

Swacch Bharat Zindabad !!!

You are happy to see me
carry your excreta on my head,
You smile when my belly is exposed
through my torn saree
you ogle and wave a 10 rupee note
and indicate a room in the
neighbourhood  after sun down.

I never attended any school
my mother-in-law induced me to do
what they have been doing for centuries
to please your sacred thread
over your pot bellies.
I was not a quota girl
only a victim of upper caste mercy.

Today I was beaten abused
my new sari was removed and thrown
into your proud dustbin
I could not cry, stood like
Draupadi without Krishna’s help
you raped me gleefully and
threw money on my bruised breasts.

The police took me in his jeep
in the cell all Kaurav brothers finished
the half eaten meat of my endowments
I have only one thing to say
Swacch Bharat Zindabad!!!

Sabita Sahu






No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New