Sunday 7 October 2018

Sound of silence




I saw him gather shells on the shore
lingered for a moment of contemplation
threw all the shells into the sea
sat, eyes closed and senses shut
to breathe in the sea, suddenly
stood up and shouted competing
with the roar of the waves.

I wondered  was he sane,
doubted my own perceptions
when I saw him, walk towards
the sea, arms open to embrace
the ocean like his beloved.

I felt like warming up to him
to have a glimpse of his heart and mind
I asked: what are you doing here?
Without turning said he,
Sh..h..ss... don’t you see
I am speaking to my love.

Where is she? dared I
you blind woman , can’t you see
my love is everywhere,
in the sky, on the sand
and also in you,
I stood  transfixed
he moved away staring
at the horizon.

Sabita sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New