Sunday 30 September 2018

Remembering



How would you like to remember me
as Joan of Arc after deluge,
as Lakshmi after the churning of seas,
as ambrosia dripping from
the mouth of Vasuki,
as Cleopatra waving  the Nile
an invisible song in a dark alley..

Ha..ha.. ha... these are images
blindmen visualize
Don't you have eyes, look at me
and say how will you...

O' you! I always  thought
you in me, built into
my dream, my memory:
you as my jailor,who
fed me with smiles
by remote control.

I'll remember you as lovely
alien wings of a butterfly
murmuring strange sounds
whose heavy meaning eludes.

I'll remember your eyes
like framed beads winking
away my memory,floating
around a still point of my
Princess’kingdom of love.

Well thanks- but I'll remember you
As the sun flying around me
burning me to a flaming lyric.


Sabita Sahu 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New