Sunday 5 August 2018

Nightfall


When a  blind bird pathless
and lost, settles on my roof
I go up the terrace to build
a nest for him with my ribs,
invite the night to live in me,
I can’t give stars and moon
nor the endless freedom of the sky
yet I’ll breathe you into me
to roam free in the empire of my heart.

You are not meant to be caged
but  I am a beautiful cage, barless
save the bones and flesh fragile
if you want to explore
the outer space and more
where love brightens all immortals
come let's  break the cage fly
together, scan the empty space .

Lovers love the night
poets regale in dark delight
my nights are of
beautiful nothingness.
My rib cage swells in sobs
my beauty is lost in itself.
He could not see my light
I could not see his flight
descend  my bird with me
and see how we  spread
out with starry moon.

Sabita Sahu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New