Sunday 10 June 2018

My Muse


    

My muse is in love with god
she offers truth, beauty, rhythm
her ethereal prayers echo
in the darkening void of my heart.

I played with the waves and clouds
prayed for the gas cylinder to be cheap
spread the sheets on the cold beds
brought groceries from daily market
drank coffee at past midnight.

One day my muse woke me up
threw songs and letters at random
I spent the night searching for them
but in the morn I read on my cheek
love god, love life , love poetry.

I laughed aloud and washed it off
washed it from others' plates
all mundane crumbs into the sink:
but poetry came from the gas stove
lyrics rose like incense in the air
I bowed down to my Muse and lo!
I have completed my worship
celebrating love and beauty
I am here after one full year.

Sabita Sahu


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary of the Blog. It has been wonderful reading the poems throughout the year. May the Muse bless you and be with you to let the readers read and enjoy your poems. They are so refreshing. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Forever New