Sunday 15 April 2018

God Is In Me


O’ God ! if you are everywhere
if this  reality is your structure
why do we search in temples,
mosques, churches and miracles
you are omniscient you know all
you hear our unsaid prayers down the hall.

Why then chant we in voluble measures
your glory in prose and lyrical meters?
You are father of all ,why then
we fight for Mecca and Kashi.


We feed you honey, milk and fruits
but turn out the poor and sick like brutes
you say you are  in every living being
why then the poor and weak are nothing?

But I know where my God is
you may agree or disagree,
I know who ,what, where he is
I feel and trust him in calm and ease,
he is my best friend ,my worst enemy
he is my poison, my honey,
he is my love, my hate
he is my frustration ,contentment great
he is my desire , my dream
he is my anger, my hunger.
My god is my faith my earthly success
he makes me work hard for his own grace.
He is in me and I in him
no temples or prayer  is for me.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New