Sunday 4 February 2018

Pearl














Half alive was I, left unnoticed
lying on an ocean bed half hidden
from the sun, moon and human
don’t know who was he, who
sent him,God, fate or his free will,
picked me gently on palm,
wrapped me in a velvet cloth,
dusted me off the grime of time
insensitive to my innate gleam
polished with love, separating 
from grey mass transformed me
to a coveted pearl profound
worthy of life's golden round.
I am  proud out of the shroud
to adorn  the neck, ear, finger
of men, women and lovers keen
a prized gem, my shine divine,
enchants and enriches royalty:
I owe  the palms that released me
from the slushy sandy shell
as resurrected dew of nectar
fit to be crest jewel on the crown
of life's variegated kingdom.


Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New