Sunday 17 December 2017

Deny Not My Love

             
Was it my shallow action or
harsh words that pierced
your heart, I saw a streak
of pain on your face, I swear
never I meant anything,
punish me if you wish
but with a hug and long kiss.

My heart is not strong
enough to bear your tears,
let me lick the rolling dew
till you dry up and brighten
your day with my smile,
touch me, hold me, feel me 
forever and not just for a while.

Words need not explicate
how much my love is for you
but I assert , none can savour
or ever equal as I do.
If to love is a sin or crime,
I’ll do it again and again, till
all songs lose their rhyme.


Sabita Sahu

1 comment:

  1. Very strong and positive vibrations. To love is neither a sin nor a crime today although the society would continue to raise eyebrows just as it did a century ago!
    Very impressive expression Sabita. Please continue.

    ReplyDelete

Forever New