Sunday 5 November 2017

Hungry No More.

Left the bed early after
the wild night’s wakefulness,
tied my hair, changed the night gown,
when I heard the first caw from the
garden outside looked at the reddening
sky reminding me the world I hold on my
shoulders, whether it cares for
me or not I don’t know.

Tea I made and served others,
whose worlds move on different axes,
prepared sumptuous breakfast, fed
everybody, they left never looked back
to see my plate was empty or filled.

My hunger turned into anger,
felt humiliated and neglected
could not concentrate on any work,
with jumbled mind prepared khichidi,
that was half burnt, thought  then I
angry for what, with whom
and why? Who cares except the
one who like me prepares burnt
khichidi  and eats with pleasure.

Yes, I thought of him, and ate with
pride and simulated joy; waiting for
my love who loves my anger
and eats it with the hunger of
a life time, leaving me
hungry no more.



Sabita sahu

2 comments:

Forever New