Sunday 29 October 2017

Resolve


How many times do I need
to wear my armour to fight
the unending battles of life’s
phoenix falling to rise again?

How long can I enflame
my desire to live , how long
enforce my weak shoulders
to carry the arms in this
time eaten body and mind?

My growing years have slowed
my pace,my steps infirm,
my  memory unresponsive,
I depend on my family to remind me
I am not sick and lost.

But I can’t sit here to brood,
analyse and ask, although
I am frail bereft of zeal,
I have to fight my battles
long and deep with my love’s
empowering and indomitable will.

I have done my worldly duty
yet I’m not done, I still
have dreams forlorn.Come my love,
my dearest friend hold me tight
and breathe your magic into me
send me again to fight and heal.


Sabita Sahu



1 comment:

  1. Life has something mandatory...to strive, to seek and toil and not to yield. When this is done with a poetic mind the mandatory journey becomes magnificent....Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Forever New