Sunday 10 September 2017

Ready For The Tenth Heaven

Standing under the vast sky
I now raise my arms, not in despair
but in a welcome stance
to  receive the splendour of the stars
to enlist me as another twinkler
although from earth, long subdued
by ignorance and timidity.

Sharing the unsaid truth
of unmoving time from your
unarticulated chants thus long,
not like the waves beating retreat
in foamy defeat to strike again.
after a deep breath I too am
prepared  to climb the rock solid
silence of  the years gone by.

Now my lips are unzipped
to chant the old mantra in new voice
the truth that holds the universe
and binds in love;
listen to my flowing ballads,
this celebrant’s silent verse
meditated over the decades
will open up the rocks to hold
the unspoken truth with joy.

Yes, I know  my time is short
but I’ll join you and lift up
your sagging spirits with
the balm of my sincere love
and matching your steps march
your dream tenth heaven.

sabita sahu




No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New