Sunday 27 August 2017

New Dawn













Of late, I have learnt to rise
From the bed of languid hopes
Early to sniff at the crimson dawn
That has just begun to lavish
On me the indefatigable joys of being.

Just now I have started putting on
New shoes that bites me delicately
But I don’t bother, I am not scared,
My new rendezvous with life has
Taught me to forget the poison
Fruits of familiar trees, the vile
Canker now cannot touch my feet
Nor the slush of affluent weeds
Can transfix me on unpaved roads,

I’ll wipe off memories of horrible lure
And create my own memories in the
New space making my short life’s
Long span my identity.

I'll make my moments long
Eternities of dreaming truth
Which my years have snatched away
In empty beats of hollow melodies,
Played by hands that rooted me
To a worldly sense of security.

I greet my new dawns with new songs
The late opened litanies of joy. 

Sabita Sahu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New