Sunday 20 August 2017

Mission Of My Life


I know I can never reach up to you
Nor can I ever touch you, for
You have built your castle so high
That shames the towering clouds
In the blue expanse of the sky.

I don’t know how long will it take
To break your meditation, no Menaka I
But pray step out from under
The canopy of silence to spread
Your message of Truth, Love and God.

After my appeal the stars have
Given up their comfort zones
To embellish the blanket of grass
To listen to the meditating Hermit
In bright silence the Om of love.

I know  the road is tough and long
With weeds and canker, hateful rancour
Of centuries of hate and banter
But I’m sure you will lure
With your magic of soft and pure
Thoughts and  practice of silent love
To show the path ahead to me and all.

I know you will hang on the Cross
Face bullets and arrows only for me
To see that I live in peace and glory
Achieving goals of our love.
Come forward  my soldier
Fight the hate, fight the arrows
Of man’s violent heart and mind;

If you get shot I will be there
To hold you in my loving arms
To fight the battle divine and bold.
Even if you fall never worry,
My lap will unfold and carry you
To your final rest,
If rest you must.
This is the Mission of my love,
My goal and My Salvation 


sabita sahu





1 comment:

  1. Beautifully presented. A feeling of calmness and tranquillity lingers in my mind after reading the poem. But I would like to think in a different way in the last stanza.... exchanging the pronouns....I know for sure, If I get shot You will be there To hold me in your loving arms. Don't mind, that's the way I feel.

    ReplyDelete

Forever New