Sunday 9 July 2017

Emancipation



Am I real, a legitimate human
In this strife–ridden indifferent world
Where every moment spurs anew
To shed copious tears like morning dew.

Nine months of cosy confinement
Without the Father’s lingering shadow
I was safe in the darkness of the womb,
But I came out to seek and explore
Pursue study and discover,
Defying the mortal challenge of birth
To create and play new notes of symphony.

But unmerited suffering snuffed the fire
To question and probe, seek and drive
Landed me in mire, my creative throb
To blow the efficacious trumpets
Started slowing halfway through the journey.

Is this the clime I dreamt?
Is this the space all aspire?
To burn out their native desire
To be, to flow, to pulsate with grace

No, I’ll have none of it,
Let me choose a small shelter
Where a heart of love's dream altar
Shall hold my being like Gibraltar.


sabita sahu

2 comments:

  1. The spirit to break free from the stereotypes is commendable. There is a great flow in the poem;a few rhymes, especially in the end could well have been done away with..

    ReplyDelete

Forever New