Sunday 25 June 2017

When I'm gone



When I'm gone
will the earth mourn
like my lover forlorn
waiting for his princess
from the grave to return ?

What people call death
I call it ecstasy, for
it frees the soul from
the pettiness of life
which entangles the loveless
morons in the cage of the body,
the body is buried
for fear of putrefaction
as the awakened soul that loves,
and waits for the lover's return.

When I'm gone
let not my lover weep
his heart out o' god
don't give me such vile ears,
but those who are hungry
to listen to my voice, bless them
to live the pain
when I'm gone.

I pray for Love's serenity
let my sweet love create waves
and become the priest of love
when I'm​ gone.

Sabita Sahu


2 comments:

  1. The poem defines love in a beloved's perspective. Of course the metaphysical love defined in the poem is admiring. This will surely get reader's approbation.
    Chitta

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good poem,nice to read.Looking forward more stories....

    ReplyDelete

Forever New