Sunday 25 December 2022

My Account Is Endless



My lazy nights do not allow

the sun to rise on time

disturbing my morning rituals

delaying my day purposelessly.

 

But what will happen

if the clock works symmetry

of nature's habits

initiate activities

in the terrestrial world

the sun doesn't bring breakfast

the aroma of the rose garden

doesn't prepare my children

for school; How can I keep my cool

to focus on my inner world?

 

My elements are different

my earth doesn't rotate

it is eternally still

my water doesn't purify

as everything in me is pure.

I breathe a different air 

and my fire never burns

it gives only light and light:

But my inner world is choked

by the ways of the world.

 

You may say I am a freak

may be I am but

my earth holds love

my air smells of compassion

my water purges the soul

and my sky is a canopy

shading all inanities:

let the light sleep more

how does it matter

if my inner world functions

as per my wishes,

I don't care

whether the warships sink

in the black sea or

the Cyber Hawks watch my

bank account depleted

by a million days

I'll still draw my key

my account is endless

because it is a big zero.


Sabita Sahu

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New