Sunday 13 September 2020

Lotus On The Grave


I am no Goddess or Empress

no asp bit me,

none killed me in any battlefield

built no monument for me

lay me in love’s flowery bed

a bastion draped

by muslin woven into a lotus

preserve me not like a mummy

but I am not normal,

I am infected with love

and half asleep in love’s grave

do not disturb me for

I am meditating to be born again.

 

Do not weep or offer roses

for I am measuring my

length on the ground to

build the foundation

of my new life.

 

Yes I am off the scene

to enter in a new role to enact

in the next act to tell

you how peaceful  it is to sleep

in the grave  where

the hands don’t rise to steal

when hunger squeezes.

Suffering, grief, sorrow

pain whirl in the abyss.

I’ll be up again

to play Cleopatra

and sleep on the monument

embalmed with love.

 

My confession may not

leave a mark on time

but the epitaph will

be remembered by all.


Sabita Sahu

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New