Sunday 10 February 2019

Moods of A Princess


                   I

After  a sandal oil massage
Princess walked on velvet carpets
to her private swimming pool
scented by jasmine buds,
petals of champa and primrose the pool
like a designer honey pond gathered
her lush body with a swish,
her shapely breasts rose on the water,
the age fellows sang maiden grace
the water clung to the Princess
like the flies of coloured wings
when she came out for towelling
the marble steps simmered in glee.

What will you wear your Majesty
Silk, muslin or- Bring me my sheer
cotton gown and leave, I’ll now sleep
and dream of my lost kingdom.


                        II

Evening clouds gathered in the sky
droplets fell on tired flowers
the princess hummed a sweet note
Here is your juice  your Majesty!
What juice?
Grapes your Majesty!
See the rains have come
to give me love juice
I’ll fly like lightning
to my  Prince’s cave...

There is no love fruit
no such tree your majesty:
Bring me poison then
I must liberate myself
to join my doting love, go.


                     III

Your dinner is untouched Majesty!
I’ve eaten
What Majesty?
What you can never serve
what the angels haven’t seen
I ate the blue of the sky
dark love juice sent by him
he whose cave shames heaven
I’ll wash my mouth when he comes
biting his lips love inebriated.

He has come my lady
he is in the central hall:
How dare he come here?
How dare you bring him in,
go and tell him to go back
to his cave and wait for me
I’ll fly to him in my next birth.

Sabita Sahu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Forever New